Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Tutorial

I had a tutorial today where I talked through my sketchbook and blog about my intitial ideas for my FMP. I realized that there's quite a lot of things which are insipring me which I haven't actually documented anywhere yet.

So far after talking I came to various decisions:

- collection aimed at under 25's, not really tailored, more casual/streetwear
- looking at garments cut from one peice of fabric so one size fits all taken from Japanese Kimono ideas (PHOTOCOPY INFO FROM NEW FASHION JAPAN FOR SKETCHBOOK). I'm not sure my pattern cutting skills are advanced enough for this idea but i'm planning on going into the studio over Christmas to work on this.
- majority of collection from re-used fabrics and textiles
- to print, patch, applique, embroider fabric before being cut
- collection of one-off bespoke pieces - look at audience and retail environment I could be designing for
- using textiles which aren't neccessarily clothing fabric - curtains, bedsheets, tablecloths, tent fabrics etc.















As my whole collection will be made from scratch if this proposal goes ahead then I really need to start designing a time scale and plan sheets for this so as everything is achieved by the deadline.

I also need to decide on a colour pallete so I can start aquiring materials asap.

1 Comments:

Blogger get your glit' on said...

Have you been looking as Issey Miyake - apoc - for the dress kimono, one dress fits all, one piece of fabric idea?
I think we're on the same wavelength with the re-used fabrics and sourcing from vintage and charity shops thing. A definate "yes'.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home