Saturday, December 09, 2006

Written 7/12/06

So childrens book illustrations are proving to be a big inspiration to me. Maybe I'm just a big kid at heart? Although I really don't want my collection to look childish.

New childrens book illustrators and writers:

- Herve Tullet: Imagine, The Five Senses

- Sara Fanelli: First Flight, Wolf!

- Kveta Pacovska

- Shelia McCullagh - Puddle Lane Series













































I've been working on my sketchbook all day and all I know is that I want my collection to be simple shapes, maybe quite traditional for Spring/Summer 2008, contemporary womenswear collection, using recycled materials and for the surface decoration to include both text and images in screenprint, embroidery and maybe applique.

I've been thinking a lot about memories but then I dont know if thats a good theme to base my collection on as it may only have meaning to me and therefore wouldn't be very commercially viable.


(Typed 9/12/06 ...my fingers are so cold they might drop off)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home