Thursday, January 04, 2007


I found this image today on ebay and I just really liked it..the quality of the line and the colours etc. Ive also been constantly checking in at the library about the latest issue of Textile View but its still not here and its causing me just a little anxiety...less so however than my context which is worryingly just getting nowhere. I just dont know how to begin even though I've done my preliminary outline etc, its just the wording and I actually usually enjoy writing essays (yes, I know, I know) so its not that. I dont know. But I shall try again to handwrite so more when I get home and try and type some more up on Saturday. Just this deadline is looming ever so closely.

On another note I have been designing for my FMP and re-reading through my initial proposal and there are some things I've decided to change (already) but then there are a few things I've actually managed to narrow down. I've always been interested in recycling and simple shapes with interesting surfaces so before my tutorial I'm going to look into the 'CC41' utility label more.

Ive also been reading "It's Vintage, Darling!" which I got for Christmas and its given me ideas about how I'd like some of my garments to be finished and how things should be to be professional. In the past I havent really given much thought to final presentation and workmanship but I have come to realize if this is sub-standard then it doesnt matter how attractive the clothes are they will never be as good as they could be, so yes, good finishes etc is now what im going for....and linings, lots and lots of neat, lovely linings

*smiles*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home